A simple dish with a spicy kick.
- 350g (12oz) spaghetti
- 1tbsp smoked chilli oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 20g packet fresh basil
- 50g (2oz) pitted black olives
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling, salted water, according to packet instructions. Drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the smoked chilli oil in another pan. Crush the garlic. Halve, deseed and chop the chilli. Wash hands thoroughly. Tip the garlic and chilli into the pan and fry for 2min, stirring. Add the tomatoes and cook for 5min or until bubbling.
- Tear the basil leaves and add them to the tomatoes with the olives. Tip the mixture into the drained spaghetti, stir well and serve immediately
Per serving: Calories: 480 Total fat: 18g Saturated fat 2g Total carbs: 71g