Quick Steak Supper
There's nothing quite like a steak sandwich - this extra smoky version has mushrooms, onions and mustard.
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 1tsp smoked peppercorn oil
- North Shields smoked cracked pepper salt to serve
- 4 large sliced mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 2 ciabattas
- Green salad to serve
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan until very hot. Rub 2 sirloin steaks with 1tsp olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and fry for around 2min on each side if you like your steak rare, or 4min each side for medium.
- Remove from the pan and leave to rest'. Heat 2tsp olive oil in the pan. Add 4 large sliced mushrooms and 1 sliced red onion. Fry, stirring, for 5min until softened. Stir in 1tbsp Dijon mustard and 25g (1oz) butter and take off the heat.
- Cut 2 ciabattas in half, lengthways, then into quarters, so you have eight pieces. Toast on both sides. Thinly slice the steaks and divide among four pieces of ciabatta. Top with the mushrooms, onion and remaining ciabatta and serve with a green salad
Per serving: Calories: 550 Total fat: 18g Saturated fat 6g Total carbs: 70g