Rosemary and Garlic Roast Potatoes
Flavoured by punchy herbs and smoked garlic, these potatoes are crisp perfection when cooked with our favourite magic ingredient, goose fat.
- 4tbsp goose fat
- 1.8kg (4lb) floury potatoes (preferably Maris Piper), cut into two or three large, even-sized chunks
- 4 smoked garlic cloves, unpeeled and left whole
- 3 large rosemary sprigs
- Smoked garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan) mark 6. Put the fat into a roasting tin large enough for the potatoes to sit without touching each other. Put in the oven to heat up while you parboil the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes into a pan of cold, salted water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10min. Drain well, then leave to sit in the colander to steam dry for 2min. Shake to roughen up the edges. Sprinkle with smoked garlic salt.
- When the fat is very hot, add the potatoes, smoked garlic cloves and rosemary and coat well with the fat. Roast for 45min-1hr, turning to re-coat around 20-25min into the cooking time.
- Continue to roast and turn occasionally until the potatoes are crisp and golden. Discard the garlic and rosemary, if you like, and transfer to a warm serving dish.
Per serving: Calories: 234 Total fat: 8g Saturated fat 2g Total carbs: 38g Sugars 2g