Strawberry and Smoked Pink Pepper Granita
Smoked Pink Pepper adds a spicy tang to this wonderfully refreshing dessert.
- 400g (14oz) strawberries, hulled
- 75g (3oz) golden caster sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Freshly ground smoked pink pepper
- Whiz the strawberries to a purée in a food processor. Add the caster sugar, lemon juice, a good grinding of pink pepper and 450ml (¾ pint) cold water. Pulse to mix well, and then pour the mixture into a freezer proof container.
- Freeze for 2hr. Use a fork to stir in the frozen edges. Freeze again for 1hr. Fork through, then freeze for a further 1hr or overnight. Use a fork to break up the granita, then serve in tall glasses
Per serving: Calories: 67 Total fat: 0g Total carbs: 17g Sugars 17g